While tickets to see Prince at the Fox Theatre Thursday night remain as elusive as a Rihanna melody – a few have popped up in the “limited view” category but were gone before I could even post about it – those who have scored seats will want to know a few details about pickup:
1. HOW TO GET YOUR TICKETS: Tickets can ONLY be picked up at will call (beginning at 10 a.m. for the 7 p.m. show and 1 p.m. for the 10 p.m. show). You are encouraged to pick up tickets as early as possible, as lines will likely be lengthy closer to show time.
Attendees must bring a valid photo ID that matches the will call name, as well as the confirmation number for the order. Additionally, the person who purchased the tickets must present his or her ID (meaning, if your sweet spouse bought a pair of tickets for you to go with a friend, the sweet spouse has to be on site to pick up the tickets – you can’t simply show up with his or her ID). No name changes will be allowed on ticket orders.
2. PARKING TO PICK UP TICKETS: Parking around the Fox during business hours is limited; however the venue will validate parking for up to 20 minutes (from 10 a.m.-4 p.m.) at the Yellow Lot (678 Peachtree St. N.E.) just north of the Fox Theatre on Peachtree Street. The Georgian Terrace parking deck will also be open during business hours at an hourly rate, and parking meters are available on 3rd and 4th streets.
For parking the night of the show, there are several options within close proximity of the Fox Theatre. Here are some recommended lots for your convenience, as well as a map below:
Yellow Lot – 678 Peachtree Street NE
Red Lot – 730 Peachtree St NE
Georgian Terrace Deck – 659 Peachtree St
Orange Lot – 715 Peachtree Street (entrance to this lot is located on 3rd street)
3. DOORS: The venue will open its doors at 6 p.m. Fans will not be allowed to line up in the Fox Theatre Arcade prior to doors opening.
4. CONCERT RUN TIME: Prince is expected to take the stage close to the ticketed start time (especially for the early show, since he needs to be off the stage and the venue turned around for the 10 p.m. concert) and perform for about 90 minutes.
5. TRANSPORTATION: If you’ve ever attended a sold-out show at the Fox – or headed into Midtown at rush hour – no need to elaborate on the nightmare traffic scenario. So, either plan ahead and leave early or take MARTA to the North Avenue Station (more info: http://www.itsmarta.com).
6. SECURITY: All bags and persons will be subject to search upon entering. Prohibited items include weapons of any kind (firearms, knives, pepper spray, etc.); large bags and backpacks; illegal substances; outside food and beverage; animals or pets; and cameras or recording equipment. Delays are expected, so plan accordingly.
7. AUDIO/VIDEO/PHOTOGRAPHY: This is a Prince show. Do we really need to reiterate that there is NO AUDIO OR VIDEO recording of any kind permitted? This includes photos or video taken with small personal cameras or smartphones. Guests who violate this policy may be asked to leave the theater without a refund. This isn’t a suggestion. I’ve seen Prince many times and he doesn’t play the photo game.
Follow the AJC Music Scene on Facebook and Twitter.